Laboratory Regulations BIO 200
1. NO SMOKING, EATING OR DRINKING in the laboratory.
2. NO VISITORS are permitted in the lab.
3. NO BAREFEET, OPEN TOE SANDALS.
4. LAB MANUAL Students will be required to purchase a lab manual, and they are expected to read and understand the instructions prior to the lab.
5. STUDENT SUPPLIES Students are required to furnish their own dissecting instruments, graph paper, etc. Dissecting kits are available from the bookstore. Individual instruments are also available there. Recommended are surgical-quality scissors, blunt probe, teasing needle and forceps.
6. LAB WORK AREA - Each student is responsible for his immediate work area in the lab and its cleanup.
After use, dissecting trays should be washed and dried. Used glassware should be rinsed and placed in designated receptacles. Waste paper should be disposed of. Instruments should be returned to the same location and put in the same condition as originally found.
Biological specimens may not be removed from the lab.
7. BROKEN GLASSWARE to avoid serious accident, broken glassware should be discarded in the designated metal container.
8. LAB OFFICE/STOCKROOM Students are not permitted to enter the stockroom. If additional supplies are required, notify the lab instructor.
9. TELEPHONE/PAGERS Cell phones and pagers are not to be used during the scheduled lab time as they are disruptive to the entire class.
10. There will be no lab make-ups! Attendance is mandatory so please attend ALL labs and be ON TIME!
11. DISSECTIONS of preserved animals will be a fundamental part of several laboratories. All students are required to participate in these dissections. There are no exceptions. If you cannot participate in these labs, you must drop the course.
12. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH LAB REGULATIONS MAY BE CAUSE FOR DISMISSAL.